Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Medication Challenges

Today I am ready to throw out the Neurotin, not working for fibromyalgia pain...  Health insurance would not pay for cymbalta so I must try this.  Give me back my anti depressant at least I could cope better with the pain and my child!!!
My child is not explosive today nor is he cursing non stop.  Which is something that therapy has not helped.  It's not like he lives in a home where we speak it.  He has his days and nights reversed since his last medication change...He has an appointment Monday so I am working on my list of what we need to change.  He does not respond well to medications.  We did IGG testing which shows he has food sensitivities to almost everything.  We have tried a Gluten,wheat, dairy, egg, cashew, yogurt, yeast, free diet.  He is very uncooperative. If it says gluten free, he won't try it.  He is a picky eater.  He only eats it if it looks right. Yes he is spoiled and over protected, but he also has sensory integration issues.  When I grew up I ate what was on my plate, I can't imagine telling my mom that I was not going to eat her crappy food.  This is part of his mood disorder, I am not to take it personal but it is!!!,
What does that mean, how do you not take it personal when you spend your life loving your child, taking him to doctors, therapist, OT, speech, group,home schooling, because he can't handle school, playing with him because he can't keep a friend and you are the target of his anger and aggression.
Yes, bring back the anti depressant, not coping as well as I'd hoped.  Puberty is kicking in and I can't see things improving anytime soon. Ii will never give up on my sweet little boy who can be the sweetest child in the world until his switch goes off...Prayers and hugs for my sweet child xoxo  Mom




 

No comments:

Post a Comment